Minestrone Soup

Pesto!
We once made so much pesto that we didn't need to consult a recipe anymore. We LOOOOVE pesto! Love it. Put it on pizza, pasta, veggies, a spoon . . . we'll eat it. Yum! This recipe looks good. We've never made pesto with pine nuts (I think they cost about $25/lb), but we have used almonds with great success. Basil also can be expensive. I think we could benefit from a humongous basil bush! Mm, pesto. Try it!
Banana-Wheat Germ(???) Muffins (Veganomicon)
We're not 100% sure which type muffins we made, but we do remember this: they were good! Also, we love using reusable silicone baking cups.
Pasta Genovese, Tofu Cutlets, and Stir-fry
- boil water and put 15 minutes on a timer
- add the potatoes right away
- add the pasta when 10 minutes remain
- add green beans with six minutes left
- drain, toss with pesto, and dinner is on the table!
Stir-fry is a great way to use up odds-and-ends veg, and that's just what we did here. We had some yellow squash, onions, and carrots and Michael (being the sauce master he is) stirred up a fabulous soy sauce creation to give them some pop.
A close-up of the pasta genovese and a cutlet or two; I think we doubled or tripled the amount of pesto with the next batch of genovese. Did I mention how much we love pesto???



No comments:
Post a Comment